Skip to main content

My Favorite NYX products and a review!

Soft Matte Lip Creams: I LOVE their soft matte liquid lipsticks/cream and they are very affordable. They have an awesome color range with bold to nude colors. Their matte lipstick are not transfer proof but you wont have to re-apply that much (unless you drink/eat or something), other than that I really like them and will always have some in my makeup collection. My favorite matte liquid lipstick is the color Copahagen, I cannot live without it. Runner up is the color Prague. They look GREAT on dark/brown girls like myself. I recommend you try them out for yourself!


Butter Gloss and Intense Butter Glosses: These are my FAVORITE lipglosses so far! They smell like chocolate/desert and they are very pigmented. They are super creamy and thick. Paired with NYX lipliner your lips will be POPPING girl. This is my go to gloss if i'm not rocking a matte look. My favorite color in the butter glosses are their NUDE colors, I love the colors Angel Food Cake and Chocolate Crepe. Both are pretty nude colors for black girls. They have plenty colors so I recommend you try around til you find your favorites. There are so many to choose from!

NYX Mineral Set it Don't Fret It Matte Finishing Powder (Color Medium Deep): So I really like this powder, it was my first setting powder in my makeup journey and I keep some just incase I run out of my high end stuff. The only thing I didn't like about this powder is that it's not dark enough but it did blend it good with my skin, i mostly used it as a setting powder for my concealer highlight but sometimes I used it as an all over powder. If you are a dark girl you may not like this powder as some girls say it gives them flashback. It didn't with me but you do have to blend in good and be careful not to make your face look ashy (as its a matte finish). Overall I like it though and it's only $10 so it's worth a try. Right now I'm hooked on the Laura Mercier medium deep translucent powder it's my exact skintone but its $38 and this is only $10 but it's not as deep. I heard Black Opal and other companies have more dark girl friendly setting/finishing powders so I will be testing them out and i'll have a review up shortly for those of you who didn't like this powder and may be looking for an alternative!


Glitter Glue: MUST have for glitter lovers. If you want your glitters to stick this is my recommended gliter glue. I always keep some in my makeup collection. Goes GREAT with their Glitter Brilliants face and body loose glitters!

Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder: first off I love ALL of their iluminating powders even the basic ones. I wanted a pinkish/purple highlighter so I discovered their duo chromatic highlighters and got the color Lavender Steele and I LOVE IT! It looks great as an eyeshadow or subtle highlight. I love pink eye shadow so this looks great with it. I defiantly will buy their other colors and keep this in my collection! Remember this is a purple eyeshadow so I don't really use it as a cheek highlight, i use it mostly in my inner eye, brow bone, nose tip (sometimes), and as eyeshadow.

Glam Liner Aqua Luxe: These are some pretty shimmery liquid eyeliners. I use them mostly for when I'm feeling creative. I want every color!!! I recommend for those of you who love sparkly metallic or glittery looks.


Eyebrow Pencil Crayon (Dark Brown): My GO TO eyebrow pencil. It's only like $7-$9 and has a brush on the end to help with blending your brows. I use this when I'm in a hurry and need to draw quick brows, and you can take your time and really slay your brows with these. Definately a great starter brow pencil and a must have for all make-up lovers!

Eyebrow Waterproof Gel (Expresso): I love this eyebrow gel, it has your brows looking popping and they will stay all day (especially if you set them with powder and setting spray for extra security). I love this color because it's a really dark brown but not black. My only con is that this stuff is thick and the little hole it comes out of gets stuck with dried product and doesn't come out fast enough, other than that I love it. It last a long time too.

Matte Finish Setting Spray: I love this setting spray. It works great and helps keep my oily skin matte. I reccomend highly especially if you are new to setting your makeup with a spray. I use this throughout doing my makeup, to set my concealer and my finished look! Works great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ColourPop Cosmetics Review

  Hello lovelies, I haven't blogged in a while about my makeup addiction but I'm back today to talk about one of my favorite affordable makeup brands. ColourPop is one of the BEST makeup companies out there plus there stuff is high quality and very affordable. This year I got to try and fall inlove with some of there products. My favorite so far are the ones in the photo above and there Liquid Matte lippies are to die for!  Little Pony Palette & Super Shock Single Eyeshadows I LOVE this eyeshadow palette you can create so many looks with it and it was only $16! It's so cute and I'm a sucker for pink packaging lol. I also love there supershock eyeshadows they are super pigmented and if you use some glitter glue or spray your brush the colors will stand out even more! If you love colorful bold looks then check out their eyeshadow collections! Supershock Eyeshadow colors pictured above from top to bottom: Slave2Pink, Banana Daiquiri, Wild Thoughts

Welcome to my new beauty blog!

Hello there lovely dolls! Welcome to my new blog where I'll be reviewing all my favorite beauty products that I buy with my own money or that is gifted to me. The past year I have been getting way more into makeup and the world of beauty, which led me to make this blog and start my own youtube channel. I hope you enjoy my honest reviews and tips! SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL xoxo